Hire Vehicles T&C’s
Hire fees includes:
• 15% VAT
• Administration Fee
• Basic insurance cover for cars/quads with an excess of VUV 120.000 Excess Damage Fee (inc. VAT)
• Vehicle excess can be reduced by purchasing the Excess Reduction Insurance upon arrival
• 100 kilometres per day for rental of Quads
• Unlimited kilometre for rental of Cars
• Vehicle Registration
• All vehicle fees related to the booking
Hire fees do not include:
• Credit Card charges will incur a surcharge for Visa and Mastercard. All charges are inclusive of VAT
• Pre-authorisation (security deposit) of VUV 120.000 for accepted credit cards (Credit and Debit Visa and Mastercard)
• Excess reduction insurance. Please see our Excess Reduction Guide for further details.
• Child Seats or booster seats
• Extra kilometre travel, in case of Quads rental, charged at VUV 35 per km
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
IMPORTANT: Please note that all rates and charges are subject to change without any prior notice. Please contact us if you have any further queries.
Modifying your booking may change the original quoted price.
Excess Reduction Option
Executive Option – VUV 3000 per day for an Excess of VUV 30.000 for quads & scooters or VUV 60.000 for cars
Premium Option – VUV 1500 per day for an Excess of VUV 60.000 for quads & scooters or VUV 90.000 for cars
Qualifications and Requirements
At the Start of Rental You must:
(a) present your driving licence and that of any Authorised Driver and allow Turtle Bay Lodge representative to inspect those licences at any time during the rental period;
(b) present your passport or any other I.D.;
(c) fully inspect the vehicle at the start of rental to ensure that the condition of the vehicle and any pre-existing damage is accurately noted and shown in the rental agreement. If there is any discrepancy You must notify Turtle Bay Lodge prior to leaving the rental station; and
(d) tell them if you will be using the vehicle to drive on a non-paved road.
At time of rental, the renter must present a valid driver’s licence issued from country of residence that has been held for a minimum of one year. Learner type licences are not acceptable for renters. Provisional licence that has been held for over 12 months may be accepted – however minimum age restrictions apply
Payment – Credit or Debit Cards
Turtle Bay Lodge accepts Visa and Mastercard cards. The credit card used for payment of the rental must be in the renters name and embossed on the front of the card. The renter’s signature must appear on the back of the card.
The pre-authorisation (security deposit) amount for Turtle Bay Lodge rentals is VUV 30.000.
Credit Cards: The pre-authorisation will be automatically released by the customer’s bank within a standard period of 3 to 14 days (some building societies may hold up to 30 days) after the rental has been closed.
Debit Cards: the VUV 30.000 pre-authorisation amount plus any extras that are not included in your invoice will be frozen on your card as security. Please note it may take your bank 7-21 days to release this pre-authorisation amount.
Turtle Bay Lodge will not be responsible for any overdraft fees or other bank fees as a result of this policy.
The minimum age for all drivers is 21.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
30+ calendar days prior to booking start time 100% of the booking price, minus processing fee
15+ calendar days prior to booking start time 50% of the booking price, minus processing fee
8 – 14 calendar days prior to booking start time 25% of the booking price, minus processing fee
7 calendar days or less prior to booking start time Non-refundable
Off Road Driving
Concerning the following vehicles:
SUV and Quad bikes
These vehicles may not be operated on non-paved roads apart from to Port Olry and Champagne Beach/Lonnoc roads and Blue Hole roads
Driving of vehicles on beaches is not permitted.
Turtle Bay Lodge rentals are based on a daily rental starting at 8am. All vehicles rented must be back at 8AM the next day on a 1 day rental or at 8am on the final day of their rental agreement. There is a 59-minute grace period. If the car is returned within the 59-minute grace period there will not be any additional hourly rate. Beyond the 59-minute period, a full daily rate will apply. Charges for optional services such as Excess Reduction, etc. are charged as full days after the 59-minute grace period.
If You return the Vehicle with less fuel than it had when You rented it, You must pay the refuelling service fee.
Use of the vehicle – Driving restrictions:
You and any Authorised Driver must:
• (a) not use, or allow the Vehicle to be used, for any illegal purpose, race, contest or performance test of any kind;
• (b) not use or allow the Vehicle to be used, to push anything;
• (c) not carry, or allow the Vehicle to carry, more passengers than may be properly accommodated by the seat belt restraints provided in the Vehicle;
• (d) not be under the influence of alcohol, kava, drugs or have a blood alcohol content that exceeds the legal limit in which the Vehicle is driven;
• (e) not use or allow the Vehicle to be used to carry passengers for payment of any kind;
• (f) not use the Vehicle when it is damaged or unsafe;
• (g) not drive the Vehicle after an accident or hitting an object (including an animal) until You have obtained Turtle Bay Lodge approval to do so;
• (h) not use the Vehicle to carry any inflammable substance which has a flash point under 22.8°C or any other explosive or corrosive substances;
• (i) not use the Vehicle for the conveyance or towing of any load; and
• (j) not use the Vehicle in contravention of any law.